Friday, August 1, 2008

bare necessities

tonight as i sit briefly at the computer, my children are singing along with baloo and mowgli. so what is really necessary in life? if this story has anything to say about it, friends are pretty important. i think i've been feeling a bit isolated from my friends lately. i've got a lot of friends, but folks are so spread out around the world that i don't get to see folks as often as i'd like. even my friends who are close by it seems are far away. i think we all get so busy we think we don't have time to keep up with one another. trouble is, when we realize all our busy-ness is not fulfilling, then we've lost touch with the folks who can remind us who we really are.

life is short. i am so thankful for the friends in my life who remind me that i'm loved and not alone.

No comments: